The Best Form for Any Function
ECO-Block walls act as an energy reservoir that reduce temperature fluctuations and energy transfer. Because of their high thermal mass, ECO-Block walls provide energy efficiency equivalent to a wood-frame wall (R-40 to as high as R-50), depending on your geographical location.
Insulating Concrete Forms (ICFs) represent one of the fastest-growing sectors in the construction industry today. ICFs are hollow blocks or panels made of Expanded Polystyrene (EPS) that a construction crew stacks to create the exterior walls of a residential or commercial building. Workers then add reinforcing steel and fill the gap (typically 4” to 8”) between the two layers of foam with concrete. This combination of concrete, steel and foam creates a very strong and energy-efficient structure. After the concrete has hardened, the forms stay in place and become the insulation for the walls.
The Benefits of ECO-Block ICF:
* Environmentally Friendly: Use of wood products in construction significantly reduced.
* Energy-Efficient: Provides superior insulation, reducing heating/cooling costs and creating a virtual air/vapor barrier.
* Sound-Suppressing: The interior rooms are effectively shielded from outside noise.
* Quickly Constructed: One house per day with a four-man crew.
* Extremely Strong: Walls are “cast-in-place,” monolithic, reinforced concrete.
* Versatile: Any interior or exterior finish can be applied.
* Fire-Resistant: Up to a four-hour Fire Resistive Rating.
ECO-Block is the world’s most advanced ICF technology:
* Less Expensive: Reduced EPS molding and manufacturing costs.
* Stronger: Superior strength during the crucial period of the concrete pour.
* More Versatile: Same side panel for 4”, 6”, 8”, 10” or larger ICF form.
* Easier to Transport: Components allow assembly on site.
Approved by All Major Building Code Agencies:
* ICC-ES Report No. 1182
* CCMC (Canada) 12966-R
* CCMC (Canada – French)
* Ontario Minister’s Ruling #04-12-116
* Ontario Building Code Commission Ruling #04-51-1006
* Miami-Dade County (Florida) 00-1024.02
* City of Los Angeles (California) RR 25446
* Florida Certificate of Product Approval FL2253
A Division of ARXX Corporation
800 Division Street
Tags: Eco Block